Monday, March 23, 2009

West Yellowstone




This past weekend Brandon and I went to Island Park, Idaho with a group of friends for SUU's spring break. Don't ask me why we decided to go somewhere colder than Cedar City for Spring Break, but we had alot of fun. Our friends Bryan and Liz have a gorgeous family cabin there. Island Park is about 30 minutes from West Yellowstone. We didn't actually go into the Park because some parts are closed until April but we went into the small town just outside the park. It was about an eight hour drive from Cedar City to Island Park.. so we stayed about five days to make it worth the trip. We did alot of fun things but we mostly just relaxed. Here are a few pics of some of the things we did do.....

The Cabin

Melanie, Taylor, Bryan, Brandon, Me, Robbie and Shaylee.
This is us getting ready to Snow Shoe, I had never done it before and it was actually pretty fun. You can do some pretty cool stuff in the snow with the shoes on. Brandon and Bryan discovered their inner-child and were doing some crazy things, including flips off of some pretty high snow banks. Crazy Boys!! Liz and Brandon even found some tiny frogs! FROGS IN THE WINTER!! I hope we didn't wake them from their hybernation.

Me and Liz all bundled up

Snowmobiling!!!

Me and Brand tubing

Bryan and Liz.
Liz and I came home with some pretty wicked bruises!
Thanks to Bryan and Liz for a great time!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Steph that looks like fun! I will be in St. George in two weeks so it would be fun to see you and Marcee while we are there!

Hayden said...

What a blast! Sounds like you have a great trip! Let me know when you go to E-town next.

Peacock Family said...

lol seriously girl you are crazy!!! looks like you had a blast!

Katie McCaul said...

That looks so fun!

Skinner Family said...

oh that looks way fun! I am surprised you went north instead of south for spring break, but its gorgeous up there. I grew up in idaho falls. anyways you look cute all bundled up!!!

missy said...

fun steph!!! I've never gone somewhere cold for spring break!!

Anna said...

I'm jealous... We go to Island Park at least once a year. Usually in the Summer. My husband's sister lives up there year round... I know, it's crazy in the winter sometimes they have like 15 feet of snow but they love it. Seeing your pictures made me miss it. I can't wait to go soon. I'm glad you had a good Spring Break.

Stacey said...

Wow, it looks like you had a blast. I love it out there. My family just went out there in Feb. over valentines. We went snowboarding and snowmobiling and stayed in a cabin. You will have to go out there during the summer. It is so beautiful and if you like fishing, it is a great place to fish. So do I get to see you soon? Are you still planning on coming to SLC?